Saturday, May 19, 2018

Bout of Books 22 Day 6

Here is the schedule of events for today:

TZC = Time Zone Conversion

9:30am CT (TZC) Morning Announcements with @boutofbooks
10am CT (TZC) Twitter Chat with @boutofbooks
7:30pm CT (TZC) Evening Announcements with @boutofbooks

Challenges

Share Your Favorite Bout of Books Moment

With the read-a-thon starting to wind down, we want to see some of your favorite moments. These could be from past Bout of Books or the present one. Did you connect with someone who would later become your BFF and partner in crime? Did a favorite author retweet you? Were you recommended a book that changed your life? TELL US ABOUT IT!


Twitter Chat Information

TZC = Time Zone Conversion
There is a Twitter chat today at 10am CT (TZC)
The chat will be led by Kelly using @boutofbooks

The chat will last one hour. We will use the Q1/A1 system. The host asks the questions using Q1, Q2, and so on. You respond using A1, A2. EASY!

Updates

The way these updates work is that you post whatever you want your fellow readathoners to see TODAY. Whether that's your progress for the previous day, your contribution to today's challenge, an incredibly witty tweet about the book you're reading, or a hygge reading picture you posted on Instagram, link it here. The linky will be open for 24 hours. There will be another linky tomorrow. Please include a DIRECT LINK to your update so we don't have to go clicking around to find it.


If you have questions, please tweet us @boutofbooks or email us (boutofbooks at gmail dot com).

4 comments:

  1. My favorite Bout of Books moment was honestly just my very first one. It was the first readathon I'd ever participated in and I've joined every single one since then with the exception of one (I was having a baby at the time lol). I've had so much fun and I'm always eager for the next Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear from a single soul or meet a single soul during this process. It was like reading in a vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gina. We're sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience. Much of the Bout of Books socializing happens on Twitter or in our Facebook group. We'd love to have you join us! Many people will also try to comment on people's sign up posts, but when I tried to visit your Facebook link in your sign up post, I wasn't able to view anything. Likewise, your Twitter account appears to be protected. It's very hard to interact when we can't see your updates. :(

      Delete
  3. Maybe there is a different way to do it as Dewey's does. I didn't say I had a bad experience. I just replied to the prompt. I didn't interact with anyone. I am not opening up my personal social media to the public so that my bosses and coworkers can see my private life.

    ReplyDelete